Point Loma is a beautiful coastal town in San Diego. Full of amazing views, wonderful food, and friendly people, it’s a must-see destination if you are in southern California. There are SO many things to do in Point Loma though, so we narrowed it down for you: a few must-see stops in the gorgeous Point Loma:
- Cabrillo National Monument is the place to explore California history, with breathtaking views of San Diego, the bay, the jagged pacific coastline, and if you time it well, gray whales, too
- Point Loma Lighthouse to get to know the history of Point Loma, as well as enjoy the tide pools right next door
- Liberty Station for art, history, shops, restaurants, events and a stroll along the waterfront park. The new Liberty Public Market has tons of indoor food options, live music, and fun things to buy
- Humphrey’s Concerts by the Bay for some waterfront entertainment
- Sunset Cliffs for a beautiful walk along the rocky cliffs
- Sportfishing from Point Loma or Mission Bay—the crews are friendly and there’s usually something exciting to catch
- For amazing eats: Check out Point Loma Seafoods, C Level or Coasterra
- The Pearl is a great restaurant and a fun, charming place to stay if you are looking for a retro hotel with limited rooms and movies by the pool
- Kobey’s swap meet is a great place to pick up some unexpected treasures for a good deal
- Harbor and Shelter Islands offer fun beach-y spots and playgrounds for the kids
And while you’re in Point Loma, don’t forget to visit BayView Senior Assisted Living, a boutique assisted living home dedicated to offering gentle, individualized care for those struggling with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
You can schedule a tour by visiting www.bayviewpointloma.com and see what our assisted living facility is all about!